n. 画家, 油漆匠
【机】 油漆匠, 喷漆匠
- an artist who paints
- a worker who is employed to cover objects with paint
- a line that is attached to the bow of a boat and used for tying up (as when docking or towing)
- large American feline resembling a lion
同义词：cougar, puma, catamount, mountain lion, panther, Felis concolor
- He is a painter of street scenes.
- The painter stretched the canvas on a frame.
- He is an amateur painter.
- Manet is a painter of impressionism.
- Dutch painter whose largely religious works are characterized by grotesque, fantastic creatures mingling with human figures.
- He was an unknown painter one year ago.
- He is a portrait painter.
n.（名词）One who paints, either as an artist or a worker.画家，油漆工：画画的人，作为艺术家或是作为工人
A rope attached to the bow of a boat, used for tying up, as when docking or towing.系艇索：系在船头的一种绳索，用于当船靠码头或拖着时束紧船
来源：Middle English peintour
probably from Old French pentoir
[strong rope] 可能源自 古法语 pentoir
[结实的绳子] from pendre
[to hang] 源自 pendre
[悬挂] from Vulgar Latin *pendere
源自 俗拉丁语 *pendere
from Latin pendô
re * see (s)pen- 源自 拉丁语 pendô
re *参见 (s)pen-
n.Chiefly Upper Southern U.S.
See mountain lion
参见 mountain lion
来源：Alteration of panther panther的变化
文章来源: 秋怎么写 http://www.shinelw.com文章标题: painter