n. 友爱, 互助会, 大学生联谊会名词复数:fraternities
- a social club for male undergraduates
- people engaged in a particular occupation
- An association of men, such as a fraternity or union, united for common purposes.
- A person who has been accepted for membership in a fraternity or similar organization and has promised to join but has not yet been initiated.
- He is a member of the medical fraternity.
A body of people associated for a common purpose or interest, such as a guild.兄弟会：为共同的目的或利益而联合的人们的团体A group of people joined by similar backgrounds, occupations, interests, or tastes:一群同职业（同兴趣等）的人：由相似的背景、职业、兴趣或嗜好而联系在一起的一组人：例句：the fraternity of bird watchers.爱鸟协会的成员
A chiefly social organization of men students at a college or university, usually designated by Greek letters.大学生联谊会：学院或大学里男生的主要社会组织，通常以希腊字母命名The quality or condition of being brothers; brotherliness.友爱：成为兄弟的特征或条件；兄弟情谊
来源：Middle English fraternite
from Old French fraternite
源自 古法语 fraternite
from Latin fr3
ternit3s 源自 拉丁语 fr3
ternit3s from fr3
ternus [fraternal] * see fraternal
ternus [兄弟般的] *参见 fraternal
文章来源: 秋怎么写 http://www.shinelw.com文章标题: fraternity